IATA Training Programmes
SMS for Airlines
This course provides learners with a complete understanding of the current Safety Management System guidelines and best practices to implement it.
- Acquire practical techniques and skills to implement and manage a safety management system as well as measuring its performance.
- Build a positive safety culture.
- Target resources appropriately and measure the results.
- Manage safety risks proactively.
- Communicate effectively on safety with the civil aviation authority, customers, insurance underwriters and financial institutions.
- Basic Safety Concepts
- Introduction to SMS
- SMS Planning
- SMS Operations
- Phased Approach to SMS implementation (ICAO)
- Just Culture
- ICAO SARPs
- Hazards Identification
- Safety Risk Management
- Measurement of the SMS
- Experienced Airline, Airport, ANS Provider, Manufacturer and Maintenance Managers
- Operations Supervisors and Managers
- Aviation Board of Directors Members
- Civil Aviation Authority Representatives
- This course gives you practical experience using interactive exercises and case studies to understand the SMS components, just culture concept and other relevant issues.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course and final examination.
- This course can be applied toward an IATA Diploma: Diploma in Safety Management for Airlines
- To register for this course or request further information please click here