Use the IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement to its fullest as a commercial agreement and services description document.
This course covers the SGHA section by section, giving you the foundations to write the Annex B and Service Level Agreement accurately and effectively. Learn how to enhance cooperation, efficiency and savings in your negotiations through technical training and exercises that replicate todayís global marketplace.
- Analyze the articles in the main agreement to identify the opportunities and risks
- Understand the services and descriptions of the Sections in Annex A
- Derive and write a proper Annex B, reflecting the business and operational requirements
- Set achievable and meaningful targets in the SLA, enhancing safety and service quality through commonly agreed standards
- Make the best use of time in negotiations, meeting the target with the minimum possible effort and time investment.
- Improve cooperation in your negotiations by recognizing your counterpartís objectives
- Standard Ground Handling Agreement
- History and legal framework of the SGHA
- Versions overview: 1993 - 2008
- Liability, as in Article 8 of the main agreement
- Article 11 of the Main Agreement
- Operations safety
- Duration & Termination Terms
- Review of Annex A and B
- Interpretation of all sections and paragraphs
- Service Level Agreement
- Principles of the SLA and its link to the SLA
- Contractual requirements
- Targets based on operational needs
- Bonus schemes
- The SLA and aviation safety
- Measuring & Monitoring of SLA performance
- Business-to-Business Negotiations
- Negotiations: achieving more with less effort
- Business-to-business Relations
- Cultural differences and opportunities
- Airline and GSP Buyers, Sellers, and Contract Managers
- Commercial, Agreement Performance, and Service Quality Managers
- Legal counsel
- Station Managers
- Participate in a series of case studies and exercises that let you put lessons into practice.
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course and final examination.
This course can be applied toward an IATA Diploma: Ground Operations
To register for this course or request further information please click here