Corporate Social Responsibility
GAA is highly aware of its corporate responsibilities to both the community and the wider environment it operates in.
We understand and are committed to CSR as a fundamental part of our business strategy, under a number of areas including:
- Increasing efficiency in our usage of all energy resources and targeting reduction of 15% over the next 3 years through GAA’s “Going Green” initiative.
- Proactive programme and policy for the recycling of paper, plastics, ink cartridges and other consumables in our business.
- Charitable donations to nominated charities in Bahrain.
- Through our “Connecting with the Community” programme, encouraging university graduates, school leavers and other students to consider a career in aviation.
- Ensuring all suppliers to GAA transparently embrace CSR and respect the environment.
- Reducing our carbon footprint across our business with annual targets.
- Through IT virtualisation we have already reduced power consumption to 60%.